A. Eligible Organisation
- Non-Governmental organisation
- Community-based organisations
- Civil society organisations
- Social enterprises
- Research institutions
- OA MGF grants are only applicable for the above-mentioned organisations.
- Applicants must provide a copy of certificate of registration with the application. Applicants who fail to provide a copy of certificate of registration will not be considered for full proposal development.
- Organisations must have a locally registered bank account.
- Organisations must have strong organisational capacity to implement OA MGF grant projects and meet the requirements.
B. Eligible Project Activities
May address one or a combination of the following OA MGF thematic areas:
- Food Security
- Rural Electrification
- Clean Water
- Climate Change
- Access and Benefit Sharing/Traditional Knowledge
- Land Degradation
- All project proposals must explain and demonstrate how the project’s objectives and activities have an impact on the eight thematic areas.
- Projects must demonstrate strong community involvement as well as focus on environmental issues and livelihood improvement.
- Above USD $50,000 and not exceeding USD $55,000 (equivalent in Ringgit Malaysia). Grants will be awarded in Ringgit Malaysia.
D. Project Duration
- The duration of each grant project may vary from six to 15 months. Project activity completion must be no later than 30 June 2021.
- 3 January 2020, 5:00 p.m.
Concept Proposal Submission
Project Proposal Submission (only for those whose Concept Proposals were shortlisted and selected)
Applications must be submitted using OA MGF templates. All applications using other templates will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified and invited to further develop their Concept Proposal into a full Project Proposal.
The concept Proposal template and the Guidance Notes document are provided as follows. Applicants are strongly encouraged to go through the Grant Application Guidance Notes prior to submitting the application: